Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lian Quan Zhen




On Wednesday, July 22nd we were very happy to have Mr. Lian Quan Zhen give us a demonstration in his Chinese watercolor technique.....
We sat, enthralled, as we were both entertained and taught......

One of the comments I heard afterward from an accomplished watermedia artist:

"I like his three color palette, his constant color change, his negative painting. He really fits my definition of art as entertainment for the eye, the way music is entertainment for the ear, variety in size, value, contrast, the only constant is change. He is not reproducing a picture, but creating eye candy. I thought I would put my thoughts down before I forget what I learned."

If you ever have the opportunity to see a demo or take a workshop with Lian Quan Zhen you won't be disappointed.
visit his website: www.lianspainting.com